Under the auspices of the United Kashmir People's National Party UK chapter, two meeting were held on 11/01/2023in karale , and Croydon London.The President of UKPNP UK Zone Sardar Tariq Khan and Vice President Sardar Shafiq Khan were the chief guests of the ceremony, Secretary Broadcasting UK Zone Sardar Takka Khan Tahir, Secretary Finance of London Branch Muhammad Ramzan Khan, Senior Vice President Leeds Branch Raja Waqar Aziz, Deputy Secretary Leeds Branch,Sardar Mahmood Ahmed, Daniyal Jannat participated specifically. A resolution passed to condemn the illegal and unlawful detention of UKPNP young leader Ali shamraiz and both newly elected units pledged their dedication towards the Kashmir cause following the constitution of UKPNP. oath was taken from the elected as the newly elected office bearers by United Kashmir Peoples National Party UK Zone President Sardar Tariq Khan.
No doubt it's a joint effort of UKPNP uk zone under the leadership of Sardar Tariq khan to organise and restructure the party units in United Kingdom.
Congratulations to newly elected office bearer .
Syed Barkat ul hassan
Deputy General Secretary UKPNP uk zone
Resolutions Adopted in UKPNP UK conference which was held on 28 July 2022 in Leeds UK
This International Kashmir Conference organised by United Kashmir Peoples National Party in Leeds, in which renowned human rights activists, thinkers, lawyers, journalists, authors, political leaders with forward looking approach, assembled in Leeds, England to discuss situation of peace and human rights in forcibly divided State of Jammu and Kashmir; and formulate appropriate strategies to counter threats to peace and human rights.
This august gathering unanimously declare that we:
1. Pronounce that the erstwhile State of Jammu and Kashmir is one political entity; and its unification, stability, prosperity and autonomy is our ultimate goal.
2. Emphasis that a right to assemble and a right to protest is a fundamental human right; and people of Jammu and Kashmir living under the Pakistani occupation are also entitled to exercise these rights.
3. Declare that forces of occupation and their collaborators in Pakistani Occupied Jammu and Kashmir have no justification to harass and intimidate these people who were holding peaceful demonstrations against injustice, sky high prices, lack of electricity, heavy taxes etc; and use tear gas and guns to silence their legitimate voices.
4. Denounce all actions taken by the forces of occupation on unarmed and peaceful citizens, as they are illegal, unjust and are against the United Nations Security Council Resolutions on Jammu and Kashmir, and against the UN Charter; and even against rights enshrined in the constitution of Pakistan.
5. Affirm that people of the State of Jammu and Kashmir have been victims of aggression, extremism and violence since 1947. They are forcibly divided, and continue to suffer on both sides of the Line of Control. This forced division and suffering must come to an end, as people deserve to enjoy their fundamental human rights.
6. Condemn extremism, violence and terrorism in their all forms and shapes; and vow to continue our struggle to oppose who promote, condone or justify these evils.
7. Proclaim that the Jammu and Kashmir dispute was created because of Pakistan's unprovoked and imperial attack on Jammu and Kashmir, which not only resulted in kidnapping and raping of our women, and slaughtering of innocent citizens, but it also resulted in forced division of our motherland.
8. State that people of Jammu and Kashmir, and all oppressed nations in Pakistan should unite, and work together to promote peace and tolerance, and help to establish a conducive environment where people can feel safe.
9. Announce that there is no military solution to the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, and dialogue is the only way forward; and in order to support the dialogue and peace process among all three parties to the dispute, politics of gun, fear and intimidation must end.
10. Acknowledge that India and Pakistan have interests in Jammu and Kashmir, but we do not concur with them; as our interests must be paramount, as we are the principal party to the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
11. Reiterate that the Jammu and Kashmir dispute is not a territorial dispute between India and Pakistan; therefore, it could not be resolved bilaterally. As the Principal party to the dispute, the people of Jammu and Kashmir must be part of the peace process.
12. Express their strong resolve that human rights must not be selective. Equality, human rights and justice must be for all the citizens.
13. Strongly condemn growing 'Land Grabbing' in Pakistani Occupied Azad Kashmir and in Gilgit Baltistan, where military, non-state actors and other influential people illegally and forcefully seizing private and public property, hill tops and tourist resorts like Peer Chanasi Hill Top in District Muzaffarabad. These holiday resorts belong to the people of this region, where people freely went with their families. After seizing these holiday resorts, military and non-state actors restricted access to the entire area by erecting barbed wire, and no one is allowed to enter. If someone ignores their instructions, orders are to shoot him on sight.
14. Criticise Pakistani policy of systematically plundering our natural resources, and constructing mega dams and diverting natural flow of rivers in this disputed territory. This illegal construction and diverting of rivers result in serious environmental problems for the local people, including access to clean drinking water.
15. Caution government of Pakistan that continued oppression and injustice may compel people to rise against Pakistan, therefore, it is prudent to stop exploiting our natural resources, and give us the ownership of the dams already built within the territory of Jammu and Kashmir State.
16. Strongly condemn brutality of the Pakistani troops perpetrated on unarmed civilians who were peacefully protesting against high prices, lack of electricity, lack of clean drinking water, and systematic exploitation.
17. Extremely concerned about Pakistani policy of using religion as a weapon and terrorism as a foreign policy tool; and our region, POJK, as a launching pad for terrorism and training camps to suppress the secular, democratic and progressive voices of the entire region.
18. Recommend the government of Pakistan to take effective measures to control activities of those who promote extremism, violence and intolerance in various parts of the POJK and in Gilgit and Baltistan. Also, they must ensure that religious and ethnic minorities in Pakistan must not become victims of intolerance and hate.
19. Restate that China is not a party to the Jammu and Kashmir dispute. However, China is in occupation of Jammu and Kashmir territory - Pakistan illegally ceded territory of Shakhgam Valley from Gilgit to China in 1963. In addition to that China occupied Aqsai Chin in 1962; and China must evacuate all the territory of Jammu and Kashmir under their occupation.
20. Urge the government of Pakistan and India to respect the State Subject Notification of 1927, as that Ordinance grants a special status to people of Jammu and Kashmir. In this context, demand Pakistan to stop violating this law, and stop settling Pakistanis and Chinese in Gilgit and Baltistan to change the demography of the area.
Copyright © United Kashmir Peoples National Party. All Rights Reserved.