If born in a country, place or area where you can breathe freely, where you have social rights, where you have justice, where you have choice to choose your own life style, where you have right of speech and mainly where you have your own national identification that is called Freedom. Borned in a place where I had been told that our Grands liberated us from the enemy, at the age of prematureness it was time to go for schooling where had to travel miles to go to school and study forced syllabubs from Islamabad in a broken walls and broken bunches school. In my schooling age I used to pass from a big chalked writing on stones that ''free Shaukat Kashmiri.
The Kashmir question – as projected in official discourses or officially sponsored discourses, certainly influenced public opinion and mindsets both at home and abroad. The images been built as the source of conflict dragging two modern States into confrontation and conflict, out of all proportions. The bilateral image building of the conflict had been in practice for last 60 years, do not offer us any other explanation except that it was to confuse the thousands of years of Kashmir’s Political History, so to neutralise the question of self-determination under the cover of inter-state rivalry.
I have recently returned from Kashmir after spending almost 10 days in the valley. I visited Kashmir after one year and during this period many political developments and changes have taken place which were seen with cynicism and optimism internally and externally. The politics on Kashmir remains source of attrition for both countries and if rationales of policy were not changed it may result into political disaster which we witness in Pakistan.
Two sates armed with nuclear weapons and involved in unending conflict produced militarized politics which has changed internal political dynamics where one country landed into military hands-Pakistan- while other witnessing growing nationalistic politics. The militarized politics in Pakistan has seriously undermined the political process and civil institutions that changed the political destiny of the country. The military policy of capturing Kashmir through proxy militancy has produced uncontrollable chain of events in Pakistan now threatening its own integrity and regional stability.
Pakistan once again using none state actors to harvest from deteriorating situation in Pakistani Occupied Kashmir. United Kashmir People’s National Party and other like minded progressive, nationalist and pro-peace and pro-people forces would not let them play and make our region a battlefield to promote Punjab business. Issuing a statement from international Secretariat Party Chairman Sardar Shaukat Ali Kashmiri, M. Ishaq Khan, Jamil Maqsood, Nasir Aziz Khan, Usman Kayani, Jamil Latif, Sardar Asad Khan, Naveed Khan, Akhtar Kashmiri, Asif Abbas, Masood sarwar and many others said that current row of terrorist attacks by Pakistani intelligence agencies showing that Pakistani security establishment want to crush the democratic endeavour of the people in the regions under defecto Pakistani control.
Honorable Mushtaque Ahmed Gurmani,
Minister without Portfolio, Government of Pakistan.
- Sardar Mohammed Ibrahim Khan,
the president of Azad Kashmir.
- Choudhry Ghulam Abbas,
Head of All Jammu and Kashmir Muslim Conference.
This was the only Kashmiri political party on this side of the cease fire line at that time, and the Agreement it was persuaded to sign, very seriously limited the role of Azad Kashmir Government in the Kashmiri freedom struggle. Therefore it is no surprise that respective governments of Azad Kashmir have very little or no interest in the freedom of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
Defence (as modified under....).
- Foreign policy of Azad Kashmir.
- Negotiations with the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan.
- Publicity in foreign countries and in Pakistan.
- Co - ordination and arrangement of relief and rehabilitation of refugees.
- Co - ordination of publicity in connection with plebiscite.
- All activities within Pakistan regarding Kashmir such as procurement of food, civil supplies running of refugee camps and medical aid.
- All affairs of Gilgit - Ladakh under the control of Political Agent.
Policy with regard to administration of AK territory.
- General supervision of administration in AK territory.
- Publicity with regard to the activities of the Azad Kashmir Government and administration.
- Advice to the honorable Minister without Portfolio with regard to negotiations with United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan.
- Development of economic resources of AK territory.
Publicity with regard to plebiscite in the AK territory.
- Field work and publicity in the Indian occupied area of the State.
- Organization of political activities in the AK territory and the Indian occupied area of the State.
- Preliminary arrangements in connection with the plebiscite.
- Organization for contesting the plebiscite.
- Political work and publicity among the Kashmiri refugees in Pakistan.
- Advise the honorable minister without Portfolio with regard to the negotiations with the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan.