Text of the agreement signed between Pakistan and Azad Kashmir Governments - March 1949Written by UKPNP HQ
Honorable Mushtaque Ahmed Gurmani,
Minister without Portfolio, Government of Pakistan.
- Sardar Mohammed Ibrahim Khan,
the president of Azad Kashmir.
- Choudhry Ghulam Abbas,
Head of All Jammu and Kashmir Muslim Conference.
This was the only Kashmiri political party on this side of the cease fire line at that time, and the Agreement it was persuaded to sign, very seriously limited the role of Azad Kashmir Government in the Kashmiri freedom struggle. Therefore it is no surprise that respective governments of Azad Kashmir have very little or no interest in the freedom of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
Defence (as modified under....).
- Foreign policy of Azad Kashmir.
- Negotiations with the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan.
- Publicity in foreign countries and in Pakistan.
- Co - ordination and arrangement of relief and rehabilitation of refugees.
- Co - ordination of publicity in connection with plebiscite.
- All activities within Pakistan regarding Kashmir such as procurement of food, civil supplies running of refugee camps and medical aid.
- All affairs of Gilgit - Ladakh under the control of Political Agent.
Policy with regard to administration of AK territory.
- General supervision of administration in AK territory.
- Publicity with regard to the activities of the Azad Kashmir Government and administration.
- Advice to the honorable Minister without Portfolio with regard to negotiations with United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan.
- Development of economic resources of AK territory.
Publicity with regard to plebiscite in the AK territory.
- Field work and publicity in the Indian occupied area of the State.
- Organization of political activities in the AK territory and the Indian occupied area of the State.
- Preliminary arrangements in connection with the plebiscite.
- Organization for contesting the plebiscite.
- Political work and publicity among the Kashmiri refugees in Pakistan.
- Advise the honorable minister without Portfolio with regard to the negotiations with the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan.
Latest from UKPNP HQ
- The Kashmir conflict: historical over-view and possible alternatives. by Afzal Tahir
- My visit to Kashmir by Mumtaz Khan
- Flood, Taliban & ISI survey
- Pakistani establishment has been exposed in Pakistani Occupied Kashmir - UKPNP (Europe Zone)
- UKPNP strongly condemn the new rising of state sponsored terrorist groups in POK